The Yad Vashem encyclopedia of the ghettos during the Holocaust
Call NumberREF 940.5318 Y12 2009 v. 1–2
Statement of Responsibilityeditor in chief, Guy Miron ; co-editor Shlomit Shulhani.
SummaryPresents alphabetical information on the ghettos established in Europe during the time of the Holocaust.
- Forewords / Yehuda Bauer and Israel Gutman ; Michael Berenbaum
- Preface / the editors
- The Jewish ghettos under the Nazis and their Allies : the reasons behind their emergence / Dan Michman
- General introduction / Guy Miron and Shlomit Shulhani
- Ghetto photographs as historical documentation / Nina Springer-Aharoni
- The Yad Vashem Encyclopedia of the Ghettos During the Holocaust [Volume 1 : A-M ; Volume 2 : N-Z]
- Judenhäuser in Germany
- List of additional ghettos and camps in Transnistria
- Selected bibliography
- Photo sources
- Ghettos' locations according to the administrative division to which they belonged through most of the interwar period
Physical Description 2 volumes (lxxvi, 1067 pages) : illustrations (some color), maps ; 28 cm + 1 videodisc (DVD-R : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.)
PublisherJerusalem : Yad Vashem
- Maps also on lining papers.
- DVD disc of the Ghettos Film Documentation: wartime footage of ghettos filmed in real time during the Holocaust.
- Title on disc surface: The Yad Vashem encyclopedia of the ghettos during the Holocaust : film documentation.
- This disc is in PAL format and will not play in standard North American video players. Also, this disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Includes bibliographical references (vol. 2, pages 1022-1028) and index.