Introduction. "A Line Must Be Drawn Somewhere"
- The Cold War and the Origins of Immigration Security
- A Secret Policy, Secretly Administered
- Canadian Roulette: The Unequal Incidence of Security Screening
- Refugees from Communism: "The Greatest Threat"
- His Majesty's Late Enemies
- Importing Old World Enmities: Wartime Collaborators
- American Controls, Canadian Echoes: The Politics of Travel
- Making and Unmaking Canadians: The Politics of Citizenship
- The End of the Cold War Consensus
- Terrorists, Scholars, and Refugees
- The Second Cold War: Old Wine in New Bottles
Afterword. In the Name of National Security