Hasidic tales of the Holocaust
Call Number940.5315 E46h
Statement of Responsibility[compiled by] Yaffa Eliach.
- One: Ancestors and faith
- Hovering above the pit
- The Son of the Shohet of Medzhibozh
- The kiss
- The Halatl of Rabbi Baruch of Medzhibozh
- The first Hanukkah light in Bergen Belsen
- Seder night in Bergen Belsen: "tonight we have only Matzah"
- The Berlin-Bucharest express
- The vision of the red stars
- Honor thy mother
- A mother's heart
- God is everywhere ... but ...
- The amulet of the Belzer Rabbi
- Fine generations
- The little slave girl from the toy factory
- The Generals
- A shofar in a coffee cauldron
- "Avremele, you are going to Siberia!"
- The Zanzer Kiddush goblet
- No time for advice
- "The Messiah is already here!"
- "Jew, go back to the grave!"
- "God's messenger, the grandson of the Pnei Yehoshua
- "If you will grow hair on the palm of your hand"
- The miracle of a doorless back wall
- Number 145053
- Save this one grandchild
- A pail of potato peels and two halberstams
- A brother's Tefillin (I)
- The rain (II)
- A Passover melody (III)
- A natural victory: Churchill and the Rabbi of Gur
- The Rebbetzin of Gur: two passports
- The Shofar of the Rabbi of Radorzytz
- The keepers of the Holy Temple
- The Kasztner transport and a zionest leader's dream
- A Holy Book
- The yellow bird
- A bowl of soup
- The "blessing" of the Munkacser Rebbe
- Who will win this war?
- Two Friendship
- Good morning, Herr Müller
- Two capsules of Cyanide (I)
- On the waiting bench at the gallows (II)
- A sip of coffee
- For the sake of friendship
- Under the blue skies of Tel Aviv
- "What I learned at my father's home"
- "The world needs you"
- The Yeshiva student
- Stars. The mosaic artist's apprentice
- A girl called Estherke
- In the image of God
- The merit of a young priest
- Three. The spirit alone
- Slain with hunger
- Even the transgressors in Israel
- The last request
- The ritual bath
- Death of a beloved son
- Satan's altar
- The grandson of the Arugat Ha-Bosem
- "He hath delivered me out of all trouble"
- No longer husband and wife
- A prayer and a dream
- The third Sabbath meal at Mauthausen
- A hill in Bergen Belsen
- A Father's blessing
- A sign from Heaven
- A Bobov melody
- Rudolf Haas is human!
- A miracle in a potato field
- Four: At the gates of freedom
- The plague of blood
- "I envy you"
- "Pray for us!"
- A Kvitl on the Frankfurter's grave
- The grip of the Holy letters
- Puff ...
- To marry a baker
- The road to mother
- "The happiest day of my life"
- Hans and I at the Rema's grave
- "God does not live here anymore"
- Two funerals
- The telephone operator
- Tipping the scales of justice
- Grandfather Avrumche Backenroth's table
- Rejoining the human race
Physical Description xxxii, 266 pages ; 21 cm
PublisherNew York : First Vintage Books
Edition1st Vintage Books ed.
- Reprint. Originally published: New York : Oxford University Press, 1982
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes