The rise and fall of Adolf Hitler
Call NumberJ 943.086 H67s
Statement of Responsibilityby William L. Shirer.
SummaryChronicles the background, rise to power, rule, and downfall of Adolf Hitler.
ContentsPart one. The rise of Adolf Hitler
Part two. Hitler conquers Germany
- Father and son
- School days and an interlude of loafing
- Down and out in Vienna–"The saddest period of my life"
- Fateful decision: Hitler goes into politics
- The Beer Hall Putsch
Part three. Hitler conquers Europe
- A revealing book and a new start
- Hitler falls in love
- Hitler's drive for political power
- Fuehrer and dictator
Part four. The fall of Adolf Hitler
- The bloodless conquests
- How Hitler launched World War II
- Htler's astounding early victories
- The great turning point
- Hitler's "New Order"
- The plot to kill Hitler
- The collapse of Hitler's Germany
- The death of Adolf Hitler
Physical Description 185 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
PublisherNew York : Random House
RecognitionGifted by Claire Perry