Architects of annihilation : Auschwitz and the logic of destruction
Call Number940.5318 A47a
Statement of ResponsibilityGötz Aly and Susanne Heim ; translated from the German by Allan Blunden.
Summary"For Hitler's thinkers, the young and career-minded demographers, geographers, economists, civil servants and academics in the service of the Third Reich, Europe was a drawing board on which to work out their grand designs. Architects of Annihilation is an investigation into the records left by these thinkers, tracing the period from the Crystal Night Pogrom of 1938 to the fully operating gas chambers in Auschwitz, 1942." —Back cover
- 'Entjudung': the Systematic Removal of Jews from Germany's Social and Economic Life
- Looking to the East
- Demographic Economics: the Emergence of a New Science
- War and Resettlement
- Living Life as a Member of the Master Race
- The Government General: an Exercise in German Redevelopment
- 1940: Plans, Experiments and Lessons Learned
- Interim Reflection
- The Economic Exploitation of the Ghettos
- 'Population Surpluses' in the European Trading Area
- The War against the Soviet Union and the Annihilation of 'X Millions' of People
- The 'General Plan for the East'
Physical Description 394 pages ; 20 cm
LanguageEnglish, Translated from the German by Allan Blunden.
PublisherLondon : Phoenix
- "First published in Germany in 1991 by Hoffman und Campe with the title Vordenker der Vernichtung" —Title page verso
- English edition originally published: London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 2002
- Includes bibliographical references and index
RecognitionGifted in 2011 by Stuart Michelson