Love, hate & propaganda : World War Two for a new generation = Amour, haine & propagande
Call NumberVideos L
Statement of Responsibilitypresented by George Stroumboulopoulos ; présentée par Catherine Mercier ; Executive Producers, Susan Dando, Peter John Ingles, Jim Williamson ; Executive Director, Documentary Programming, Mark Starowicz (CBC) ; Senior Director, Content, Public Affairs, Features and Documentaries (Radio-Canada), Jean Pelletier.
SummaryLove, Hate and Propaganda is a series that explores the psychology of war. Why did some enthusiastically follow while others bravely resisted? How could a young shop owner in Berlin come to believe that murdering civilians was a necessary part of asserting German pride? Why did a teenage girl in Japan believe her country had a divine mission to 'civilize' all of Asia at the barrel of a gun? Why did Hollywood believe it was necessary to demonize the Japanese in order to persuade Americans to fight? And, in the darkest days of the Second World War, how did so many manage to keep faith and fight evil when all seemed hopeless?
ContentsDisc 1. Episode 1. The 1930's, the strongmen. Episode 2. 1939-1940, selling war. Disc 2. Episode 3. 1941, meet the enemy. Episode 4. 1942-1943, truth and total war. Disc 3. Episode 5. 1944-1945, hiding the horrors. Episode 6. 1945, changing the story. Disc 4. Special features
Physical Description 4 videodiscs (516 min.) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 in.
LanguageEnglish, French, Closed captions.
PublisherToronto : Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
DistributorToronto : E1 Entertainment
- Title from container; Originally broadcast on television in 2010;
- Special features include: newsreel, interview, propaganda films, interviews;
- presented by George Stroumboulopoulos (English version), Catherine Mercier (French version);
- Executive Producers, Susan Dando, Peter John Ingles, Jim Williamson ; Executive Director, Documentary Programming, Mark Starowicz (CBC) ; Senior Director, Content, Public Affairs, Features and Documentaries (Radio-Canada), Jean Pelletier.
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
- A 6-part series / Une série en six épisodes —Container
AudienceCHV rating: PG