Saul fia = Son of Saul
Call NumberVideos S
Statement of Responsibilitya Sony Pictures Classics release ; a Laokoon Filmgroup bemutatja ; a Magyar Nemzeti Filmalap támogatásával ; Nemes László filmjét ; rendezte Nemes László ; írta Clara Royer & Nemes László ; producerek, Sipos Gábor & Rajna Gábor ; director, László Nemes.
Creators & ContributorsNemes, László
(contributor)Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany
(contributor)Sony Pictures Classics (Firm)
(contributor)Magyar Nemzeti Filmalap
(contributor)Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
SummaryOctober 1944, Auschwitz-Birkenau. Saul Ausländer is a Hungarian member of the Sonderkommando, the group of Jewish prisoners isolated from the camp and forced to assist the Nazis in the machinery of large-scale extermination. While working in one of the crematoriums, Saul discovers the body of a boy he takes for his son. As the Sonderkommando plans a rebellion, Saul decides to carry out an impossible task: save the child's body from the flames, find a rabbi to recite the mourner's Kaddish.
Physical Description 1 videodisc (approximately 107 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
Carrier Typevideodisc (DVD)
LanguageHungarian, Optional subtitles in English, English for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH), French, Portuguese and Spanish ; described video in English.
PublisherCulver City, CA : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2015
- NTSC, region 1 ; Full screen (1.37:1) presentation ; 5.1 Dolby digital
- "This film has been supported by a grant from The Conference on Material Claims Against Germany" —End credits
- Special features: commentary with László Nemes, Géza Röhrig and Mátyás Erdély; theatrical trailer
- Cinematographer, Mátyás Erdély; film editor, Matthieu Taponier
RecognitionGifted in 2019 by Shannon LaBelle & Kevin Forbes