Call NumberVideos F
Statement of Responsibilitya film by Arnon Goldfinger ; a co-production of Arnon Goldfinger and Zero One Film ; with ZDF, SWR, Noga Communications - Channel 8 in cooperation with Arte ; written and directed by Arnon Goldfinger ; produced by Arnon Goldfinger and Thomas Kufus.
SummaryIn this documentary, "filmmaker Arnon Goldfinger travels to Tel Aviv to clean out the apartment of his recently deceased German-born Jewish grandmother. While going through her belongings, Goldfinger finds evidence suggesting that she and her husband were good friends with Leopold von Mildenstein, a leading official in the Nazi propaganda ministry—and remained friends with him following World War II. Disturbed that his grandparents could have continued a close relationship with an influential Nazi after the Holocaust, Goldfinger begins an unsettling journey into his family's history, visiting a peaceful town in Germany to interview von Mildenstein's elderly daughter about what really went on with their ancestors 75 years earlier—and discovers that knowing the truth can be a terrible burden." —Container
Physical Description 1 videodisc (98 min.) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 in.
Carrier Typevideodisc (DVD)
LanguageEnglish, Hebrew, German, Optional subtitles in English, English for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH) and Spanish.
Publisher[Israel] : [Ruth Diskin]
- Originally produced and released in Israel in 2011 under the title: ha-Dirah
- Wide screen 1.78:1
- "Sundance Selects" —Container
- Originally produced and released in Israel in 2011 under the title: הדירה
- Cinematography, Philippe Bellaiche, Talia (Tulik) Galon; editor, Tali Halter Shenkar; original music, Yoni Rechter; researchers, Mareike Leuchte, Franziska Lindner, Arnon Goldfinger
- Narrator and interviewer: Arnon Goldfinger, interviewee: Hannah Goldfinger, interviewee: Edda Milz Von Mildenstein, interviewee: Gertrude Kino
- NTSC, region 1; stereo
- Best Documentary, Israeli Film Academy Award ; Best Director of a Documentary, Jerusalem Film Festival ; Special Jury Prize, Best Foreign Film, Traverse City Film Festival ; Best Editing, Tribeca Film Festival
RecognitionGifted in 2019 by Shannon LaBelle & Kevin Forbes