The Vancouver Holocaust Education Centre's Sefer Torah
Call NumberREF 027.68 T66v
Dates[Date of publication not identified]
Statement of Responsibilityby Terri Tomsky.
SummaryTerri Tomsky, a VHEC volunteer, prepared this research project with the support and help of the staff at the VHEC. The interview with Zev and Elaine Shafran recounts the selection of a memorial Torah for the VHEC from one of the remaining Czech Sifrei scrolls.
- Background History of the Sefer Torah
- The Jewish Community in Smíchov, 1750–1941
- The Munich Agreement: September 29th, 1938
- Rescue of the Torahs: The Czech Scrolls Memorial Trust
- The Czech Memorials Sefer Torah: An Interview with the Shafran Family
Physical Description 1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations ; 29 cm
PublisherVancouver, BC : Terri Tomsky ; Vancouver Holocaust Education Centre