Please note that the VHEC library’s takeout service (outlined below) is suspended until at least August 3, 2021. Researchers are encouraged to consult our Holocaust-based online educational resources
and Spotlight on Electronic Resources
, and contact email@example.com for research assistance.
The VHEC library is offering a takeout service for VHEC members
and BC teachers. Library takeout orders will follow the following process:
- Use the online catalogue to find library materials you would like to borrow. Consult the User Guide to learn how to effectively search and browse the catalogue.
- Email requests (with links from the catalogue, if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The librarian will strive to respond to all requests within 48 hours.
- Items will be checked out to you for an extended loan period and placed in a bag where they will be quarantined for 72 hours (in accordance with recommendations from the Canadian Urban Libraries Council). The due date for loans will be marked on the bag and loans can be renewed.
- Staff will contact you to let you know when your order is ready.
- Call 604-264-0499 to book an appointment to pick up your order. Please review the health and safety guidelines and visiting procedures on vhec.org prior to your scheduled visit.
Please note the following, in particular:
- If you are feeling sick the day of your appointment, please stay home and call 604-264-0499 to cancel your appointment. We look forward to rescheduling your appointment and welcoming you to pick up your library takeout order when you are feeling better.
- You may be asked to wait in line outside before being admitted into the JCC. Please be prepared for the weather.
- Masks or face coverings are required when picking up library takeout orders; please bring your own.
- Food and drink are not permitted inside the VHEC.
The library is closed for browsing and items that are not requested in advance cannot be added to your order during your visit. We look forward to providing you with the resources you need for research, teaching or personal interest, and we thank you for being patient with the takeout process.
Questions about the library takeout service can be sent to email@example.com.